Sunday, October 18, 2020

Gurkirat Singh: Chandigarh Boy Who Topped in Tricity With All India Rank of 15

                                Gurkirat Singh 

Gurkirat Singh, a student of St Peter’s Senior Secondary School, Sector 37-B, topped the tricity in the NEET-2020, the results of which were announced today. He secured the All India Rank (AIR) of 15 with 99.9985 percentile score.

Hailing from Sirsa in Haryana, he scored 710 out of 720 marks. Gurkirat said, “I used to practise every day whatever my teacher taught me, even if it required losing sleep or hunger. I revised my notes during holidays. I preferred studying late at night as disturbance is less at that time.”

He added, “A NEET aspirant must not waste any time. I always tried to keep my self-confidence high. Power naps of 10 minutes between two shifts of classes helped me concentrate better.”

Gurkirat used to study 14 hours a day for the exams. He aims for the AIIMS, Delhi, and aspires to be a neurosurgeon. He said he drew inspiration from his sister, an intern at a hospital in Amritsar. He had scored 92.6 per cent marks in Class XII.

His father Vijay Singh, who works in a Central government department, said, “I am very proud of my son. He is very hard working. He used to rest only for six hours, when he slept.”

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?
https://www.facebook.com/ChandigarhTribune/posts/

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/neet-air-15-chandigarhs-gurkirat-singh-comes-out-with-flying-colours

Dr. Gurdeep Kaur
Associate Professor
Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
University of Delhi


No comments: