Thursday, August 13, 2020

Simran Kaur Wadhawan :The First Sikh Girl To Join Royal Australian Air Force

                               Simran Kaur Wadhawan

Simran Kaur Wadhawan is the first Sikh girl, to join Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) as a Cadet. She was officially welcomed into the RAAF at a ceremony in Perth ,Australia.

Simran  Kaur received a three-week Defence training to start with. She is now undertaking her studies at ADFA (in Canberra) for three years.

“I will At the end of that, I will work for RAAF in a leadership role and I’m really looking forward to it. My family and friends are so excited about this – many have called to congratulate me, asking me how I got to this point, and what my job will entail,” Simran told.

Simran is proud to come this far and achieve her dream by following Sikh principles. She will be representing the Sikh community in an area which is represented by very few Sikh males and no other Female .

Her parents have been supportive since the beginning. Her father helped her to build her strengths and confidence, while her mother helped her with all the qualifications.

She was also honoured by Sikh Gurdwara Perth for her outstanding achievement of being first Sikh Girl to be directly selected for Australian Defence Force Academy.

https://www.ptcpunjabi.co.in/meet-simran-kaur-wadhawan-the-first-sikh-girl-to-join-royal-australian-air-force/


No comments: