Thursday, September 17, 2020

Journalist Tejinder Singh Sodhi : Excerpt From A No-Holds-Barred Letter By A Daring Journalist of His Horrid Experience Working For Republic TV


Journalist Tejinder Singh Sodhi:While TRP is increasing, journalists are resigning from Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV for his abusive nature.

                        Journalist Tejinder Singh Sodhi

"I was advised to keep quiet and move ahead in career as others have been doing till date. So many people left, but none spoke anything as they were worried about finding another job. Somebody had to speak up against what was going on, why wait for that someone to be someone else. Why cant that someone be me".

"I decided to put my career at stake to speak, to speak in the hope that even if I can save a single soul from falling into this trap I would succeed in my mission".

"The messages I have been getting from the people who still work there and have never interacted with me earlier reinforce my faith that whatever I did, was right".

"We teach our children to stand against injustice, but we always find fault in people who actually end up doing that".

"While taking up one of the most powerful person in the industry I have put my career and my life at stake, but I feel happy and satisfied that I could muster the courage to do what I wanted to do long ago".

"People who had joined him after leaving their well established and well-paying job at the time when Republic had no present and no future, started leaving him, some left because of the humiliation they were being meted out and some left because they realized that it was not the kind of Journalism that they were doing with him".

"Arnab in the name of hiring young talent is exploiting them, giving them peanuts in the name of job, he is hiring young college graduates or people with zero editorial understanding at the desk, so that there is nobody to speak or challenge his editorial policies, which are dictated by the WhatsApp messages from a particular political party".

"Arnab has no empathy for his staff, as he forced them to come out in the field even if their areas were declared as containment zones, I know how difficult and dangerous it was, but we did follow his dictate".

 "Though I know that Arnab is a vindictive man and would try his level best to sabotage my career and my future prospects to find a job, but someone had to speak against him, I decided why not that someone should be me. At least by speaking against this man’s exploitation of more youth would stop, those who dream to join Journalism in the hope of doing quality stuff end up with being bonded labourers".

"I also want to put this on record that if anything bad happens to me or my family, any accident, anything untoward happens to me or my family, Arnab and his wife is to be held responsible for the same. I will be giving this undertaking to my local police station soon".

https://medium.com/@SaltPepper/tejinder-singh-sodhis-letter-on-why-he-quit-arnab-goswami-s-republic-tv-6e26aca236ac


Dr. Gurdeep Kaur
Associate Professor
Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
University of Delhi

No comments: