Friday, July 24, 2020

Keerat Kaur: Australian-Indian Sikh "Blessed child" With An "Astonishing Memory".

           Kirat Kaur: with an 'incredible memory' who can identify 150 countries


While most three-year-old children wouldn't know what geography even means, Australian-Indian Sikh child Keert Kaur has developed the ability to remember the attributes of more than 150 countries.
She can not only identify and name the countries, but also remember their maps and flags.She can also recognise well over 150 brand logos.
            Keert Kaur can recognise the maps and flags of over 150 countries
Her interest in geography developed with the help of her father Sarabjit Singh. “My job demanded me to travel to many countries and I often look at maps before I travel to these places, and sometimes she joins me for a brainstorming exercise,”

“It was amazing to watch her learn the stuff that even I sometimes struggle to deal with. To my surprise, she was recognising countries from their individual outline maps that I never taught her." 
Mr Singh said that fake and telemarketer phone calls played a role in Keert's learning process.

"Most of the calls originated from the countries we hardly heard of like Azerbaijan, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Belize, Benin, Mauritania and many more," he said.

"Keert used to ask, papa, whose call was it? And I used to answer showing on the map that someone from this country.

"To my surprise, now she can recognise the maps and flags of over 150 countries. Moreover, you name a country, she will spontaneously tell you the neighboring countries. The Singh family’s friends and relatives, who recently learnt about Keert’s abilities, believed she was a "blessed child" with an "astonishing memory".


 Mr Singh came to Australia from Punjab, India more than 10 years ago.
He lives with his wife Sandeep Kaur and their two children, Keert Kaur and Jaibir Singh in the Sydney suburb of Blacktown.

No comments: