Sunday, July 26, 2020

Mr.Butter Chicken :Australian Man Travels 32 Kilometers For Punjabi Butter Chicken, Ends Up Getting $1,652 Fine For Breaking Lockdown Rules

        Mr.Butter Chicken :Noel Atkinson

Victoria man fined over $1600 for flouting COVID regulations over a butter chicken dish
They say if you really love something passionately, the whole universe aligns to make you reach it and something this filmy happened with aMelbourne man who violated lockdown restrictions, driven by his love for butter chicken.

Noel Atkinson,48-year-old construction worker quest for eating Butter Chicken at his favourite restaurant was short lived, since the police stopped him after he drove down 32 kms and even fined him with $1652. 

“Since it was after 11pm all restaurants in my area were closed and I wanted to have butter chicken,” Mr Atkinson told the publication.
“I finally found one restaurant that was open but there was no home delivery to my place due to the distance. So I decided to go there.”
Mr Atkinson said police didn’t find his excuse a good enough reason to leave home.


“I told police I was out to buy food but was ordered to go home. Cops followed me for some time to make sure I was headed back,” he said.


The restaurant behind Mr Atkinson’s cravings, 

Mr Atkinson said he plans to contest his fine as he doesn’t think the rules “are clear on how far a person is allowed to travel for food or takeaway”.
Dr.Gurdeep Kaur
Associate Professor
Sri Guru Nanank Dev Khalsa College
University of Delhi


No comments: