Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sikhnet Sevadar - Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa





By Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa :

I was born on March 24th, 1975 in Los Angeles, California. from the most wonderful mother S.S. Sat Kirin Kaur Khalsa & father Govinda Singh Khalsa. My mother was raised Jewish and my father was raised in the Christian religion. They both came into contact with Sikhism after studying Kundalini Yoga & Meditation with Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogi Ji. As they spent more time with Yogi Bhajan they became more and more interested in wearing a turban and living as Sikhs. A few years later they adopted the Sikh religion and were arranged to be married. Two years later I was born.From early on, my parents instilled in me the values and practices of living as a Sikh. We would get up early in the morning, take a cold shower (which I dreaded at the time), and then get together with many of the other Sikhs in our area to recite Japji and practice Kundalini Yoga (to stretch and exercise our bodies). After the yoga we would do about an hour of meditation to various mantras from the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, followed then by Gurdwara. This started our day by giving 2-1/2 hours to the Guru......10% of our day. I studied in India for about 11 years (1983 - 1994) during which I developed many different interests and passions, including photography, computers, wood carving, electronics, basket ball, fixing and making every thinkable gadget, Kundalini yoga and meditation, singing, and understanding the mind, body and spirit.


Plz read more about Sikhnet Sevadar : Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa at :
http://fateh.sikhnet.com/s/Gurumustuk

SikhsIndia

No comments: