Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Tribute to Khushwant Singh




















The National Institute of Panjab Studies, Bhai Vir Singh Sahitya Sadan, is arranging a function wherein Sh. Kuldip Nayar, Sir Mark Tully, Dr. J.S. Neki, Ms. Humra Quraishi and Mr.Ravi Singh will share their reminiscences about S.Khushwant Singh. Mrs. Gursharan Kaur, (wife of Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh) will preside the function.

S. Khushwant Singh was deeply attached to Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singhji and dedicated his book ‘Sacred Writings of the Sikhs’ first published by UNESCO in 1960 to Bhai Sahib.

Venue : Bhai Vir Singh Sahitya Sadan ,New Delhi
Date  :   Monday, 21st April, 2014 
 Time :  4.00 P.M.

2 comments:

Dr.Gurdeep Kaur said...

Message received from Swarn Singh Kahlon

Dear Dr. Gurdeep Kaur Ji,

Thank you for inviting me to attend a discussion and tribute function in
honour of Sardar Khushwant Singh Ji. Regrettably I will not be able to
attend the function which I would have very much liked to do. Please accept
my apologies this time around.
I have had some interesting interactions with Sardar Khushwant Singh Ji
where I found him to be so very affectionate and warm. I will never forget
his telling me when I met him at his Kasauli residence that writing a book
is like doing 'tapasya' when he had to get away from Delhi where his wife
was unwell and he had to cut himself off from loved ones!

Yours sincerely,

Swarn Singh Kahlon
Author book: SIKHS IN LATIN AMERICA
www.sikhglobalvillage.com

Dr.Gurdeep Kaur said...

Jean-Marie Lafont

Message received from Jean-Marie Lafontfrom France:

Dear Professor,

I would love to attend this function, but we are now back in France. Be sure I am with the Sikh and Punjabi community in commemorating S. Khushwant Singh.

With warmest regards,
Jean-Marie Lafont