Thursday, December 1, 2011

It’s cool to be a Sikh

It has become fashionable to play a Sardar on screen. Akshay Kumar did it in Singh Is Kinng. 

Ajay Devgn in The Legend of Bhagat Singh. Saif Ali Khan in Love Aaj Kal and Ranbir Kapoor in Rocket Singh Salesman Of The Year. And the latest actor to cash in on the trend of playing a Sikh character on screen is debutant Gulzar Chahal, who takes pride playing a Sardar in his very first venture - I Am Singh. 

Says the actor, "I am a Jat Sardar and thus the character's portryal in I Am Singh came very naturally to me. It takes immense guts to play this kind of character that too in your very first film because the turban and the beard make your looks go through a complete transformation. The audience has accepted our main actors in Sardar roles and I hope to make a mark, too." 

with thanks : Times of India : link in headline above for detailed news.

No comments: