Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sikh passengers forced to remove turbans for security check in Italy

President of Indian Overseas Congress in Italy Karamjit Singh Dhillon, while addressing mediapersons accompanied by senior Congress leader and MLA from Bholath constituency in Kapurthala district Sukhpal Singh Khaira here yesterday, claimed that he was asked by the Italian Immigration check authorities at the Rome airport to remove his turban for security check.

He alleged that ten other Sikh passengers, accompanying him, were also directed to remove their turbans for security check.

''When I refused to remove my turban in full public view, I was taken to a room where I removed my turban,'' Mr Dhillon said.

He said this was for the first time that he was forced to do so in the last 27 years he was living in Italy. He was to leave for India via Doha from Rome airport.

with thanks : new kerala : link above for detailed news.
SikhsIndia

No comments: