Wednesday, January 6, 2010

'The mob jeered, I begged but no heart melted'

AMRITSAR: “The room was splattered with red blood after they killed my husband. When my son tried to run to safety, the assailants caught hold of him and burnt him alive near my house — right there, in front of my eyes,” Jagdish Kaur gesticulated vaguely, her voice shaking with pent up rage as hot tears rolling down her face.

Wife of Kehar Singh, a civil engineer in the Army, she recalled how she had cradled her dying 18-year-old son Gurpreet, who was a first year BSc student of Venkatashwera College, in her arms and begged the blood-thirsty mob to stop jeering and give her some water to put in his mouth. No heart had melted, she said.

“On November 2, a day after my son and my husband were killed and policemen refused to file even a complaint, a well-wisher informed me that ‘MP Sahib is holding a meeting in nearby Manglapuri’ and that I could take his help to get a police complaint filed. When I reached there, I heard Sajjan Kumar saying ‘Ek bhi Sikh bachna nahin chahiye. Jo Hindu bhi Sikh ko chupayega, uska ghar bhi jala do’. I rushed back without meeting him,” she said.

with thanks : source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/The-mob-jeered-I-begged-but-no-heart-melted/articleshow/5415055.cms

SikhsIndia
www.sohnijodi.com
www.sikhsindia.blogspot.com

No comments: