Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Conducting public duties while practicing Sikhism and wearing turban is a great honor": Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar




Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar (from West Bromwich and is in F Company Scots Guards ) was pictured taking part in the Changing of the Guard sporting the turban.25 year Old Sikh has made history by becoming the first soldier to guard the Queen in Buckingham Palace without wearing the traditional bearskin. 


Jatinderpal Singh said ''Sikhs have served Britain in World War I and II with their turbans intact, confirming their commitment towards righteousness and serving others and living their identity till their last breath.I applaud the British Army for being appreciative and respectful towards diversity. This is The best thing in my life”. Conducting public duties while practicing Sikhism and wearing my turban is a great honor for me .I am very proud to be a member of the Household Division and to be the first Sikh Guardsman to mount guard in a turban will be the best thing in my life, especially as a member of the Scots Guards .The regiment is full of history, as is my religion.”


 Jatenderpal Singhshaking hands with Major Rick Fletcher (Slough ACIO) after taking the oath of allegiance.



Link : with thanks : Sikh Channel

No comments: